Interested in new media? Here’s a chance to have your say. On October 15, the CRTC released this press release about its intentions to look at new media and to hold a public hearing on February 17, 2009.
Some things they are looking for:
“Further to this consultation, the CRTC now invites comments on specific questions related to:
- the definition of broadcasting in new media
- the significance of broadcasting in new media and its impact on the traditional broadcasting system
- incentives or regulatory measures for the creation and promotion of Canadian broadcasting content in new media
- access to broadcasting content in new media
- other broadcasting or public policy objectives, and
- the appropriateness of the Commission’s exemption orders for new media and mobile broadcasting services.”
Deadline for comments: December 5, 2008
Oh, and Michael Geist wrote about this, too, so maybe you should check it out!
(Links updated November 2013)