Whether for communications, marketing, or fundraising, here’s a few links that might interest you. I found most of them thanks to CharityVillage newsletters.
- CharityVillage article “Fifteen ways to improve your online fundraising,” in which Annette Balgord offers a list of suggestions to make donating via your website easier and rewarding. (Link updated November 2013)
- 5 website updates to do right now to get more online donations
1. Make sure you have a Donate section on your website
2. Call that section Donate in your navigation and not something ambiguous
3. Have a Donate Now! button on every page of your site
4. Include stories and videos about the impact your organization has
5. Make your financial information easy to find (usually in the About Us section)
- Affinity Resources Newsletter: a free, monthly newsletter that provides information for nonprofits about Internet fundraising and eMarketing. Alerts are published in a simple, to-the-point format with a brief summary of the topic and a direct link to a source for more information.
- Mashable: Founded in 2005, Mashable is an online source for news in social and digital media, technology, and web culture. Mashable frequently reports on technology issues related to charities and nonprofits, including how organizations are successfully using social media to raise awareness and funds.
- John Haydon: Social media marketing for nonprofits: Published by the founder of Inbound Zombie, a consulting firm helping nonprofits with social media marketing, this site has a number of free resources to help nonprofits use social media effectively. Resources include a social media toolbox, articles on how to use YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, free downloadable guides, and a blog keeping readers up-to-date on the latest social media news and trends.
- The Basics of Email Marketing for Nonprofits (PDF): Using email to start and grow relationships with your constituents is critical for nonprofit organizations. Through best practices and case studies, in this guide you’ll learn about list-building tactics, targeting your audience, personalizing the message, privacy, eNewsletters, viral marketing, creative campaign ideas, and tracking your success. (Link updated November 2013)